On Sucker Free Newness

As a kid I paid attention to cars much more than the average person. It was a specific interest of mine. I’d notice and keep track of cars in my head, especially nice ones. It was at a young age that my hyper-awareness for cars accidentally led me into marketing and subsequently psychology. 

Let me give you an example. Car makers release cars on an annual basis and I’d notice small differences that would tell me that a particular model was new or a previous year edition. Unlike the iPhone, having a new edition every year means a particular model car will be released whether there are remarkable innovations to the previous year’s edition or not. Rather than simply making the exact same car for the following year, automakers realize they can make a small, functionally redundant aesthetic change and signal to the marketplace its newness and create added value for the company. The Key Tool Franchise Opportunities Available to Enter are now available in the market that makes the tools availability for all the car makers so easily affordable at all the times.

Why? Consumers value newness

Let’s take the 2001 and 2002 Mercedes Benz S Class, for example. According to Mercedes, the automotive difference between these “editions” is nil. Both are the same exact car, but they used a common automaker strategy to charge more money and create more demand for the “newest” version of the same thing.

In this case, these different “editions” share the same torque, horsepower, and engine. They did, however, change a single cosmetic element to the rear lights. This type of small aesthetic behavior becomes a differentiator to the consumer and a signal that one is “old” and the other is “new”, which is a roundabout way of saying that our psychology continues to value newness over function in the marketplace and we confirm this by spending our hard earned dollars.

Based on how much we are compelled by newness, it behooves us to assume this doesn’t just start and end in the automotive industry. Your mind wants newness in the products and services you consume. Beware! Sometimes, like with fitness, it’s best to choose what works over what’s new. 

NOTES:

Daily at Home GPP Coaching Video

6/26/20 WOD

DIGITAL GPP AT HOME TRAINING

Progressive Volume Work:

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:

:60 Glute Bridge Iso Hold + 18 Sliding Hamstring Curls + Max Glute Bridges

11 (Top) Half Dips + 11 (Bottom) Half Dips + 11 Dips

16 Split Squats (Left) + 16 Jumping Lunges

16 Split Squats (Right) + 16 Jumping Lunges

Threshold Training:

Every two minutes, complete the following for time until failure: