The Best Way to Mix.. Mixes

When I tell you that we’ve got some vitamin powder that we need dissolved into some water, I mean it. The thing is I have lots of experience with Emergen-C so I’m a big stir-with-a-spoon-guy. My advice? Just pour in the powder and stir it up. Easy day. The problem is you’ve seen a million peers put BCAAs into a shaker bottle. The powder goes in the cool water, they shake the hell out of it, and it’s mixed to perfection. 

You’re wondering why I’m talking about mixing techniques here, but I’d like to state the obvious. What we need is for the vitamin powder to mix in the water well. That’s it. So, if shaking it makes it explode everywhere like it would with Emergen-C or if using a spoon to stir it wouldn’t work or if the water needs to be warm to dissolve properly, we’d just do it. It’s brilliant. There’s no such thing as thousands of people stubbornly going “shaken” instead of “stirred” and losing their vitamins to a foaming explosion all over the floor in the name of some weird dogma. Instead, we just get the vitamins stirred up the way that gets them stirred up.

Do you know where we do have insane dogmatic disagreements that miss the point all together? Ah, yes… fitness. Maybe achieving the desired outcome is specifically the one thing more important than strong opinions about methods. To the hyper-passionate folks who love to argue about programming and methods (in fitness or vitamin mixing) but ironically mediocre in the results column, I’d like to ask, “Why aren’t you better at this?” 

Want to know the best method? Get the result. That’s the “right” way. 

Logan Gelbrich

@functionalcoach

12/16/19 WOD

8-8-8-8

Weighted Strict Dips

10-10-10-10

Weighted Strict Chin Ups

Then, complete 4 rounds for reps of:

AMRAP 1

10/8 Calorie Assault Bike

Max Slam Balls

-Rest 1 min-