Community Container

I’ve started to look at people as containers. Some have more capacity than others. Other can only hold so much. As we evolve in complexity, we earn the privilege (and subsequent burden) of holding more.

This can scale out, as well, to organizations. Except, I need you to hear from me that this container talk isn’t about size. Massive organizations can be small “containers,” meaning they can’t hold space for much but a narrow scope. Similarly, small organizations can hold a vast amount of space.

DEUCE is the latter. It’s the latter, not because of chance, but because we’ve etched and carved and pushed out on our edges in order to be that container. After all, if we were a small container we might just be able to hold the fact that we host some CrossFit classes. Members sign up, we do hard workouts, and that the extent of it. Well, luckily we do that. We hold space for that, and more. Luckily, we’ve transcended to this community thing that others have mastered, too. Transcending that, we’ve come to hold space to develop other leaders, affect a global community, and hold space for a voice that is our own. In fact, the less and less that the workouts define what we do the more space that you’ll see we hold. Our container is large, so to speak.

The funny thing is there’s no finish line in the evolution of your container. There’s no finish line for us, either. Challenge your edges. Hold more. We’re going to keep trying the same.

Logan Gelbrich

@functionalcoach

4/11/18 WOD

Find a 1RM Sumo Deadlift..

Then, complete the following for time:
5-4-3-2-1
Box Jumps (30/24)
Front Squats (185/135)
Keg Clean and Presses (AHAP)