Glory Days Ahead

There’s this mindset that at a certain age our best days are behind us. It is so commonplace that we almost don’t even bat an eye at how ridiculous we sound and it pisses me off. They’re called “glory days” or whatever. They aren’t a real thing, but as long as everyone keeps corroborating this crap it might as well be real.

Maybe it’s annoying for you that I’m writing this at a young age and you might think that I shouldn’t be allowed to weigh in on the matter, but I’m thinking it so you’re going to hear about it. Maybe I’m projecting my own perspective on you, who knows? In any case, if my best athletic, physical days are behind me that’d be a sad, sad outlook, in my opinion.

For me that won’t be the case. It doesn’t need to be the case for you, either.

Whether it’s comparing to memories of gym class or little league, I see men and women on a daily basis accomplish things they couldn’t accomplish in their childhood, teen years, or early twenties. Do you know how they are able to do that?

They can do it because they’ve forgotten this idea that their best days have to be behind them. In fact, given the lifestyle decisions you can make and the things your exposed to around here, it’s quite possible that your fittest, best days are still ahead of you for years and years to come.

Whether you relish the days you climbed the rope in gym class like a monkey or you have memories of the rope being your nemesis, you have a chance to put your glory days behind you today and create some new ones. I can’t wait to see what you can do ten years from now, athletes!

Logan Gelbrich

@functionalcoach

8/22/14 WOD

3 Attempts:
:90 Max Rope Climbs
-Rest as needed-

Complete the following for time:
21-15-9
1-Arm (Left) KB Thrusters (53/35)
1-Arm (Right) KB Thrusters
Pull Ups