Surrender

Sounds dark doesn’t it? I apologize. This will be positive if you hear me out. In the fitness business, I see lots of different faces. The faces change, but the scenarios that folks describe aren’t all that different.

• “I just need to be better about the portions that I eat.”
    • “I’m fine, it’s just all this travel lately that’s holding me back.”
    • “I’d workout more, but my [insert joint] always flares up.”
    • “I’m not in shape enough to do that!”

These are just a few of the common things I hear from folks who would train but (yes, there’s always a but) don’t. I understand every single one of the aforementioned statements. I also understand them enough to know that they are excuses.

Andrew has “the conversation.”

The harsh reality of these scenarios is that there are quite a lot of folks that think they know exactly what’s right for them. Maybe they do or maybe they don’t. I’m not concerned with the knowledge these folks have or don’t have. You could have a masters degree in weightlifting biomechanics, human nutrition, or psyiology, but if you don’t have results where does that leave you.  My job is to get people feeling better, looking better and performing better. That’s what we do.

My official stance: Knowing and doing are two very different things.

FFOTB is a flowing river of productivity, influence, and fitness. Whether you know how to swim or not, you’ll move along- guaranteed. Let go of what you think you know and start owning some results.

Logan Gelbrich

——————-

Wednesday’s Workout:

AMRAP 11
20M Broad Jumps
11 Pushups
20M Bear Crawl
11 Inverted Burpees

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *