An Open Letter to Motivation

Dear Motivation,

I must say it is a joy having you around! The family, and even all my friends, cherish your presence and it seems like everything is better when you’re around. I know, I know… I’m being greedy when I say I wish you could be by my side at all times. A guy can dream though, right?

That’s not how it works and I understand that. I just wanted to write to tell you that I think I’ve figured out how this relationship can work. You can only visit temporarily, so let’s accept that. When you’re here, I say we just do our best to soak it up. I’ll get better and have a blast when your around. But, when you’re gone, I’ve got to buck up and continue to do my thing.

Here’s a picture of us together 🙂

I can’t keep living for our time together. Life seems to be a roller coaster that way, and sometimes the ‘ups’ don’t outweigh the ‘downs.’ So, from this day forward I’m bringing my ‘A-Game’ whether you’re around or not. When you’re here it will be easy, and when you’re not it might get tough, but I’m in this for the long haul. Something tells me my plan will get you to visit more often… What do you think?

See you soon!

Logan Gelbrich

——————-

Thursday’s Workout:

Complete the following for max reps:

2 min Max BB Thruster (65/35)
Rest 1 min
2 min Max BB Hang Power Cleans
Rest 1 min
2 min Max BB Shoulder to OH
Rest 1 min
2 min Max BB Step Back Lunges