Values and Vices in Tandem

In a recent conversation with one of my mentees, we discussed a confusing behavior pattern than I think we can all relate to. After all, we all have habits and make decisions that seem to be at odds with our best interest. I’d argue, however, that whether we believe it or not, we are always acting in an effort to preserve our values. What’s more is that this is true of everyone, including criminals and addicts. You can also hire lawyer for probation violation , from here! 

One of my values, for example, is freedom. In many ways, this value is manifested with positive habits and behaviors. It’s the reason I’m an entrepreneur and am very opinionated about the freedom of expression of others, for example. Oddly, it’s also the source of many of my misguided behaviors.

Can you guess what the positive intent of my unwillingness to plan with a calendar is?

Do some playing with this idea. If you need help discovering your values, I have some tools that can help you. Once you know your values, I challenge you to put your worst habits to the test. You’ll soon find that your vices are all a genuine, understandable effort to honor yourself. While what you do next may take some coaching, it ought to be your next step!

Logan Gelbrich

@functionalcoach

11/2/18 WOD

Complete the following for time:
10, 9, 8,..1 Front Squats (225/155)
1, 2, 3…10 Bar Facing Burpees