The Large Body of Deep Work

I recently wrote a book. It’s still in that purgatory phase called “editing” but I’m extremely passionate about it. One of the concepts I introduce in the book is the undisputed value in any undertaking that results in the accumulation of a large body of deep work.

Life rewards mastery. Deep work is a type of work that stretches the comfort level of the practitioner. It, by definition, is comprised of extreme focus and a relative challenge. The amenities that come along with mastery include but are not limited to a resilience to adversity.

This resilience is built up in two ways. Deep work is a form of adversity because of its requisite stretch of current comfort zones. In addition, the time spent and skills acquired in a large body of deep work make the practitioner more fit to weather trials and tribulations.

Now, since adversity is a guaranteed feature for all of us it seems that having a large body of deep work has universal value. Think of these pursuits as an insurance policy against failure. What area(s) of your life are you willing to pursue a large body of deep work?

Logan Gelbrich

@functionalcoach

5/22/18 WOD

Build to heavy set of 3 thrusters..

Then, complete the following for time:
21-15-9
Double unders
Toes-to-Bar

——-
15-9-6
Thrusters (95/65)
Burpees