Zoom

Zoom is such a useful tool. Speaking simply, you can think about zooming in or making something larger, or zooming out and making something smaller. When I hear this word, I immediately think about cameras and images. Most of the time, I feel like people try to zoom in and see small detail, as opposed to zooming out and seeing a huge macro view that has seemingly every detail and can be cumbersome to process.

I recently have felt very zoomed in with my schedule and my life, always focused on the details of the day. Having kids forces this upon you, I think, because you are focused on not missing any of the small things with them. After all, the amount of socks that have to be found seems to go up really fast when you have a couple curtain climbers around.

Anything can do this to you from school and jobs to sports and competitions. We can all get very focused on the right here, right now. It wasn’t until recently that I got bumped out of this and took a look from the other end of the zoom.

Where am I at? What am I doing? Does this make sense from a distance? The macro view forces detail to fade. It forces bigger thinking and evaluation that may not be present in the micro view, or day to day, hour to hour view of things.

My point here is that you shouldn’t go through your whole life at either end of the spectrum. Zoom out every once in a while with your family. Zoom out with your job. Is this where you want to be? Is this who you want to be? You can find tremendous clarity in an image with the correct zoom. You can also find tremendous clarity in your life with the correct zoom.

Danny Lesslie

@dannylesslie

4/19/17 WOD

Complete the following for time:

Row 2K

5-5-5-5-5-5-5

Strict Press