No end in sight? Perfect!

How fit is fit enough? How will you know if you’re strong enough? If you’re not flexible enough now, will you know it when you are?

We all have different goals. As we should, right? As much as we embrace goals at Functional Fitness on the Bluffs, it’s worth noting that goals are best suited as stepping stones to success.

Give me an “A!”

For example, a kid having a long term goal to play in the NFL is wonderful. Arguably the more important goals, however, are the goals along the way, like making the local peewee all-star team, making varsity, and eventually getting a college scholarship. These stepping stone-like goals lead the way.

Fitness works the same way. Fitness goals that are geared towards reaching benchmarks of bodyweight, strength, endurance, etc are important stepping stones to high level fitness. For many of us, however, there isn’t a clear end goal. If you have a clear picture of what the end of your fitness journey looks like great, but most of us have no idea what “fit enough” even means.

I’m here to tell you that, “It’s OK!”

I have no image of what “fit enough” is for me, or what “strong enough” looks like. In many ways, I think it’s best that way to go about this whole thing. I’m personally not interested in being “fit enough”, “healthy enough,” or “strong enough,” because I don’t think there is such thing.

Set short term goals to move along in your progress, but be careful trying to find an ultimate end goal, especially in fitness. This is a journey with no end. Live it.

Logan Gelbrich

———————

Saturday’s Workout:

In teams of two, with only one partner working at a time, complete rounds of 50, 40, 30, 20 and 10 reps for time of:

Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
Anchored Sit Ups

-Rest 2 minutes-

In teams of two, with only one partner working at a time, complete rounds of 50, 40, 30, 20 and 10 reps for time of:

KB SDLHP
Squats

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *