“… to maximize human potential.”

As you know a large part of the experience at the Bluffs is simply getting together and working out.  For some, this may be all that they know of the Bluffs.  If you have read into our website, follow the blog on a somewhat regular basis, or have spent a good amount of time in class, you have more than likely caught wind of a much deeper and more involved experience, however.  While we use fitness as our primary tool on the surface, we’re really there for something totally different– something more.

If you have read our mission statement, there is a reference to “maximizing human potential.” That’s is no feeble statement.  Though it is big talk, it means progressing towards your specific potential, what ever that may be.  It applies in all areas of your life, not just fitness.  Each of us is in pursuit of progress in our own lives, in our own ways.  Well, this is a place where this type of journey is celebrated, and fostered.

Eyes on the prize.

What are these areas in your life?  What are the wheels that could use some greasing in your lifestyle.  Is it your job, or your relationships are in need of some work?  Could your faith need a pick me up? Or, maybe your nutrition is in need of some attention?   Finances? Are you having fun?  Is your training on point?  Maybe it’s something as small as filing your taxes.

The important part here is to make note of these areas in your life. Simply having awareness to what needs attention is monumental. Once you have it narrowed down to something you want to improve, use the community you have here with FFOTB.  Ask a coach. Ask a fellow student.  We are all here to get better.  The more we strive for this, not only the better we become as individuals, the better we become as a community, and the better we become for all those people in our lives.

That’s one big snow ball of improvement!

In the comments, let the Nation know the things that you want to work on.  Lets help each other get better.   You never know, you may be all that someone needs to help them get past that roadblock in there life.

I will go first.  As a writer, let’s just say, my skills definitely leave some things to be desired.  I am going to continue to write blogs, for no other reason than to get better at it.  Because, as of now, writing is atop the list of things that I despise.  But the thought of my writing having even the smallest chance of helping someone towards their potential, is enough to keep the wheels on this train.  Here’s to getting better at whatever that thing may be.

Danny Lesslie

——————

Thursday’s Workout:

800m Run

-Rest 3 minutes-

800m Run

-Rest 3 minutes-

800m Run

-Rest 3 minutes-

800m Run

1 Comment

• Got over a dozen goats to kill but the ones I’m putting up front now are running, size/shape, and strength…….oh and form while lifting. Now if Danny can find his inner dick and call me out on bad reps……………… 😛

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *