Gym Owners on Motivation & Client Finances

The numbers show a strong correlation between client training compliance and their finances. An obtuse amount of students quit gyms all around the country when their credit cards decline. This is a fact that I’ve witnessed for years across gyms on three different continents. 

This is the scary truth that gym owners know, but don’t talk about. Furthermore, there’s data to prove it. For as long as I’ve been in this business I can tell you that the business side of the gym fitness has two main variables and you can learn more about it by reading this post. First, can you get people in the door? Second, can you keep them?

I realize that it’s taboo, bordering on inappropriate to talk business publicly like this, but I wouldn’t be sharing if there wasn’t deep learning in it for everyone.

The lesson here is that this correlation isn’t needing to be causation. In fact, money is almost never the reason one cannot train. After all, it’s 2019 and workouts are free and in endless supply. Ironically, I’ve never seen the student who’s out of cash and wants to cancel proceed to immediately get after it at the track or with bodyweight workouts in the park because, well, they can’t afford a gym membership, but training is a non-negotiable. If it was about the money, we would. 

Finances are the justification for quitting.Hence to stop these kind of issues you can also tell them regarding loan facilities. To know how to avail health and fitness with the help of loan you can view here .This, by the way, doesn’t stop us from doing most anything else in our lives. We almost always find a way to keep gas in our tank, a dozen Netflix-like internet subscriptions, and a Pinot Noir on the table. When it comes to health and fitness, the gym owner sees administratively the all-to-familiar “Declined: Insufficient Funds” notice followed up by a coincidental email declaring that there’s not enough time to commute to work because of a new mandatory 8am conference call or that the shoulder is flaring up again. 

It’s OK. We see you. When we, as humans, are afraid we seek self-preservation and when finances get tough, it’s pretty easy to save a few hundred bucks and not have to do that hard thing each week that you’ve acutely forgot is critical to your wellbeing. 

For your sake, consider that your overdraft protection notice isn’t a reminder to cancel your gym membership. It’s a signal that you’ve got to defend your health more than ever. 

Logan Gelbrich   

@functionalcoach

10/28/19 WOD

Find a 1RM Snatch…

Complete for time:

“Isabelle”

30 Snatches (135/95)

Then, complete the following for reps:

AMRAP 12

5 Strict Pull Ups

10 Push Ups

15 Air Squats