You’re Missing the Point

Few would agree that the experience of education is captured in the class assignments, while the stories, relationships, and lessons have a lasting impact. Let me as you, who was Martin Van Buren’s vice president?

That’s my point.

Athletes will also tell you that the points scored and balls turned over rarely become real memories. Yet, the reality of hard work, teamwork, struggle, and triumph live in their blood forever. I can recall fewer than ten pitches I ever saw in my career, but I can tell you meaningful stories for hours over a bottle of wine about everything else.

What’s my point?

My point is you’re being under served if your experience here is comprised of just the details of class. Believe me, what transpires in class trumps any gym experience I’ve ever seen. Don’t get me wrong. But, let me tell you, there’s so much more to be had.

It breaks my heart that many of you don’t read this blog daily. It breaks my heart that many of you think this gym is more about muscles than it is about the mind. It breaks my heart that many of you may never hear DEUCE’s biggest message that says life’s not about where you’ve been or what you’re doing now. Life is about your direction. It’s about what you’re becoming.

If you aren’t seeking the richness of this experience, you may just succeed in letting it pass by, which is a shame because you’ve got peers as coaches and classmates that are asking life’s biggest questions and taking them on with a community unlike anything the world has seen.

Dig in.

Logan Gelbrich

@functionalcoach

2/11/14 WOD

Beginner/Intermediate – EMOM 10
Odd: 8 Ring Dips
Even: 6 Romanian Deadlifts

-or-

Advanced – EMOM 10
Odd: 5 HSPU
Even: 1 3-Position Clean

———————————–

“Death by 10 Meters”
One the first minute run 10m, on the second minute run 10m twice, and so on a so forth until the prescribed work cannot be completed in any given minute.