Skinning Cats with the World’s Best

As I right this, I am still wiping the sweat from my forehead from a training session at Austin’s finest fitness school, CrossFit Central. Though it’s not my first time at Texas’ mecca of fitness, I get giddy every time I get a chance to experience their ‘product.’ Today’s big take away?

There’s more than one way to skin a cat.

In general, these guys have virtually the same vision that we do. We both happen to use a combination of weightlifting, gymnastics, some running, and a whole lot of community to get the job done, too. Within that, however, virtually all the details of how classes were run was different.

CrossFit Central - Burnet Campus

CrossFit Central – Burnet Campus

Class was 45-minutes long. The entire warm up took a handful of minutes and was so well structured I didn’t even have time to be the usual worst-warm-up-student-in-class. The pace was high and so was my attention level. They mastered the gold mine of coaching: ‘Less talk, more rock.’ Locksmith Santa Monica

Before you begin anticipating a complete make over of class as we know it on the bluff, don’t worry we will keep doing things the FFOTB way. Trust, however, that we are always learning. Here’s where you come in..

You should, too. There are so many things that we do simply because… well, it’s just what we do. You, me, and every other man, woman, and child walking the globe is a creature of habit. We are for good reason, too. This trip to Austin, however, serves as a great reminder for me and for all of us to do an inventory of our lives. Are there any habits or routines in your life that could benefit from a new approach?

Shake things up. See what you learn.

Logan Gelbrich

———————

Friday’s Workout:

Complete 300 reps for time:
KB Swings
Pushups
KB SDHP
V-Ups
Squats

*Athletes complete each movement unbroken.If athletes break, they move to the next movement and continue towards 300 repetitions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *