The Brightest Stars Burn Out Fastest

We’ve outlined many times what it is that we offer the world here at DEUCE. It is a system that consists of three parts: Performance, Community, Lifestyle. Here’s how we explain it:

We coach performance. Our various courses and curriculums view fitness through the lens of objective performance capacity. The context of this pursuit of increased performance is inside of a community that includes education, accountability, and social interests. The performance-based community directly supports a quality lifestyle. This is our greatest gift to our students. Ultimately, lifestyle supports increased performance and this value creating cycle continues in a self-sustaining manner.

I’d like to highlight that last piece. Lifestyle is the golden offering. When who you are and how you live is changed because of your pursuit of performance it becomes a self-sealing, self-sustaining relationship. Your lifestyle improves because of your increased performance and your performance improves because of your upgraded lifestyle. 

Believe me when I say I’ve seen it a billion times. People who are highly acutely motivated come and go. They get stoked on training and burn the candle from both ends to compensate, distract, or fail to integrate the training into their lifestyle in a meaningful way for some other reason. It’s the opposite of the lifestyle commitment to pursuing performance because that’s just what you do, rather than some flash in the pan motive. 

Founder of Westside Barbell, Louie Simmons, sums it up succinctly when he says, “The brightest stars burnout the fastest.” My advice? Do this the way you can live it indefinitely.

NOTES:

Daily at Home GPP Coaching Video

6/18/20 WOD

DIGITAL GPP AT HOME TRAINING

Accessory:

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:

10 Prone Swimmers

20 Back Arches reps

:20 Arch Hold  

Conditioning for a Score:

Complete 3 rounds for time of:

25 Burpees