Home Away from Home

I spent this past weekend up in Eugene, OR for the Sasquatch Throwdown. The incredible folks at Track Town CrossFit put on the event and it was an amazing, eye opening experience. They were gracious enough to host me and my brand, ORIGINAL Nutritionals, as an event sponsor.

The main observations that I wanted to share with you are that you are not alone. Here I was a thousand miles away from our community surrounded by a sea of individuals on their own journeys of health and fitness. I saw young, old, pregnant, tall, short, skinny, and overweight men and women thirsty for self betterment and it was a beautiful sight.

Fake Gym Certified badasses.

Fake Gym Certified badasses.

I found myself in awe. All of the faces were different. I didn’t know a single person. Yet, all of the elements and themes were the same. The person who finished last got the largest cheers. The entire community embraced and cheered for great efforts regardless of the result. Adversity was welcomed with open arms and so on and so forth.

Sound familiar? Their world looks, sounds, and feels much like ours. So, if you ever find yourself out of your neck of the woods, just understand that this reality might not be so far away.

Thank you to Track Town CrossFit and the Eugene Emeralds.

Logan Gelbrich

———————–

Monday’s Workout:

AMRAP 15
Run 1200m
30 KB Snatches (R)
30 KB Snatches (L)
60 Jump Squats
Max Burpee Broad Jumps