WOULDA-COULDA-SHOULDA

“All the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
Laying’ in the sun,
Talkin’ ’bout the things
They woulda-coulda-shoulda done…
But those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
All ran away and hid
From one little did.”

Ol’ Shel Silverstein crushes it again. What a worthwhile read. If you have never read the book “Falling Up” by Mr. Silverstein, you should check it out. He has a true gift for crafting these poems for children, that have a whole lot to remind adults of at the same time.

Reading to a little child is one of the greatest things as a parent. I am amazed at our daughter’s interest in books and her sense of contentment when she opens one up to see what is inside. Watching her eyes light up at the sight of a lion, or hearing her moo when she sees a cow is grippingly joyous. Most of the books are silly stories that revolve around daily tasks such as eating, brushing your teeth, going to bed, or playing with your friends. Inside of most of them there is a thread of learning. Some of them are way past comprehension, and some of them we just name animals.

My favorites are the ones that have lessons for papa, as well. The poem at the beginning of this post, so accurately describes the situation that plagues so much of our lives. Especially in this social media driven generation. Are you the person that Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda? Or are you out there doing the thing? This life is very much self navigated. You decide what your are going to do with your time. Time is gonna pass either way. You decide where you are going to go or what you are going to do. If you choose to sit and watch, there are many people out there doing their thing. Social media is full of doers, but I also know that the inverse is all the watchers out there. Don’t let the watching slip into Regretsville.

I am not saying that either is better or worse. There are downsides to both. There is nothing wrong with watching some TV, or going to the boardwalk to get some people watching in. Just don’t let your watching get in the way of your doing. And if you’re busy doing, just know that others are out there doing, as well. Make sure to do a bit of watching, because people are weird and awesome.

Think about your life. Are you a Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda? Or, are you a did? I think we all know where we wanna fall. Thanks, Shel!

Danny Lesslie

@dannylesslie

10/12/16 WOD

5-5-5-5-5

Back Squat

Then, Complete 3 rounds:

800m Run

-Rest 3 min-