“But Where?”

All the time I get this question. It comes in many forms, and people express it in different ways, but the basic gist is the same: “Where do I start?” This world of fitness is full of ‘the best new product ever.’ You can buy all the memberships and ab machines you want, but fitness isn’t gonna show up at your door. It’s gonna take a little effort from yours truly.

Your body is definitely more than enough to get you started. A very simple routine with air squats, push-ups, and a cardio element or two is plenty. Some days run short distance and fast, some days run long distance and slow. Some days do small sets of squats and then run. Some days run hills and do push-ups. Some days only do push-ups and squats.

Now, there are endless combinations, and endless movements that you can substitute. The important thing about our bodies is that they are intended to move, and they are intended to be used. If we stop moving over time, our bodies start to adjust to this, gain weight, become tight, lose range of motion, etc. Just get out there are start doing it.

The five minute approach can be a game changer. For those of you out there that have trouble finding the time to get to the gym, or just don’t know where to go. Just take five minutes a day and do squats, push-ups, burpees, lunges, sit-ups, etc. Simply adding the movements into your day, will start changing the way your body feels, and this sometimes is really what we need.

The answer to everyone’s fitness equation is not the same. Running, yoga, CrossFit, pilates, martial arts, etc are not the only way, but they are good ones. Tackling this challenge with others can also really help your success. This is a huge piece in my training. This community around me keeps me after it, and keeps me motivated to get better each day.

I can tell you that if you do come here to DEUCE Gym, we will more than do our part to push your fitness. But if not, I am still cheering for you to stay fit in your own respective way. Let’s find out what these bodies of ours can do.

Danny Lesslie

@dannylesslie

9/11/14 WOD

Complete the following for time:
Run 1 Mile
10 Back Squats (BW)
20 Wallballs (20/14)
30 Jump Squats