Core Values Installment #4: Passion

I was sitting here trying to come up with words that sum up passion. To me it is a color. To me, it’s a bright red, a tremendous warmth, and it is something that I feel deep down inside. I feel like passion and soul are best buddies. To put it into words seems to be to be shortchanging it. I came across this quote by Joss Whedon, who co-wrote Toy Story amongst many other

Then again, there’s the good “hollow.”

films, which begins to do it justice.

“Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping… waiting… and though unwanted… unbidden… it will stir… open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us… guides us… passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love… the clarity of hatred… and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we’d know some kind of peace… but we would be hollow… Empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we’d be truly dead.”

Passion truly is where life is. I believe that you should follow your passion and where it leads is where you will be fulfilled. I believe that if you are feeling then you are  indeed living. I spent a lot of my child hood years trying not to feel. It just seemed to be easier that way. I found myself jealous of those that would truly feel, regardless of whether it was sadness or happiness. because when it came down to it, I wasn’t really feeling either emotion. It was not until some things lined up in my life to lead me to a point where I wanted to change this, that a lightbulb turned on. I, then, decided to completely change my career choice and follow something that I was passionate about.

This was the best move I ever made. It has led me to today. FFOTB was built with passion, and ‘The Nation’ continues to grow in this same direction. I would encourage you to look for passion in your life. Seek this out, and chase after it. Passion is different for everyone, but one thing remains the same, it makes you feel alive, and vibrant.  It is where you are at your best.

Thanks for being a part of what we are passionate about.

Danny Lesslie

———————

Wednesday’s Workout:

Power Clean
1-1-1-1-1

Then 4 rounds for time of:
400m Run
12 Burpees

1 Comment

• Sonny Vakas says:

I have not checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I¡¦ll add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *