Exercise Bank

Dear Fitness Professional,

I need your help. So, I’m exercising regularly, but I’ve yet to dial in my nutrition. I’m totally willing to fork over gobs of cash and workout to exhaustion, but let’s just skip the whole nutrition talk, OK? I’m no saint… Big deal.

My question is, how do I know what a piece of garlic bread is equivalent to when converted to time exercising? Like, how long do I need to run, for example, to “cancel out” eating the garlic bread? Then again, is taking a more intense interval style training class worth MORE than the same time spent running?

Sorry, this getting more confusing than I originally thought. What I’m saying is, is there some sort of conversion rate for this? Look, I’m not greedy. I don’t need 6 pack abs, I just want to make a deposit in the ‘ole exercise bank and I don’t want to overdraft in sugar and carbs, if you know what I mean. Work hard.. play hard.. yadda yadda..

OK, let’s try to simplify this. How many squats equals to one scoop of ice cream?

Oh hell… I feel like I sound like a crazy person, but you know what I mean right? I’m just trying to figure out how much excercise I need to balance the scales. Is it a calorie thing? Help me out!

Sincerely, 

Most People

There is no “exercise bank.” You cannot log time training and debit against it with less-than-stellar lifestyle choices. Furthermore, exercising won’t get you out of “sugar debt.” It doesn’t pay to think this way, yet many people share this worldview. For most, exercise is a reaction to negative circumstances (weight, diabetes, a heart condition, doctor’s orders, etc).

School is in session.

Once you let go of a worldview that says health and wellness is a balance sheet, you can become “wealthy” with fitness. If you share the worldview described above it may be time for a mind shift.

Logan Gelbrich

——————–

Monday’s Workout:

FFOTB Baseline

Then:

AMRAP 7

7 Tuck Jumps
14 Windshield Wipers

Cash Out: 50 Squats

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *