Effort Will Set You Free

**Bring a Friend Week**

We’ve all seen it. The underdog, rags to riches stories are everywhere. However, we still often write off the successes of super athletes and CEOs as luck and/or innate talent. To me, it diminishes the human spirit to own a worldview that says some things are simply out of reach.

Say whatever you would like about it. I am no expert on the matter, but I have seen with my own two eyes. I’ve seen the little kid with no talent grow up to make millions playing his sport. I’ve seen the C student not gradute high school, let alone college, grow into the millionaire business mogul. I’ve seen it, so I have to honor it.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda4QXuX1XM]

Maybe the verdict is still out. Maybe the reality of it all lies somewhere between my thought that anyone can accomplish anything and the idea that success is about luck and genetics. My thought, then, is that it is STILL our duty to maximize. We are responsible for maximizing us! And, the best way I know how to do that is through effort and a work ethic. Every. Damn. Day.

Leave your effort unquestionable.

So, if you’d like to defend the position that success of any proportion is out of your control. You had better make that claim from the trenches of an unrelenting work ethic. Until then, I won’t hear you.

Logan Gelbrich

——————

Saturday’s Workout:

Complete the following for reps:
1 min Max 35 Yard Trips
-Rest 1 min-
1 min Max Jump Squats
-Rest 1 min-
1 min Max 35 Yard Trips
-Rest 1 min-
1 min Max Jump Squats
-Rest 1 min-