Sometimes Doing the Things You Hate Most, Are the Things We Need the Most

As I was getting ready for Church this past Sunday,  I was dilly dalling taking my time trying to find any excuse I could to not go. Why am I going? I don’t even want to do this.

Ocean Avenue: Home of Elite Fitness

But, as I was sitting in Church listening to the sermon, I thought about how happy I was that I had come. I had so much more clarity and calm. Then I thought, “why did I not want to be here again?”

This brought me to the conclusion: Sometimes the things that we try to avoid the most are the most beneficial for us!

For example, how many times do we dread going to the gym, but when we are done we feel like a million bucks, ready to tackle the day. Or the same is true while working on a big project. When it’s completed there is such a feeling of accomplishment.

I feel that every time we force ourselves to do what we dread, we become stronger and really grow from it.

This month I challenge you to do things you don’t really want to do; and by that I mean step out of your comfort zone. I have found that my greatest successes have come from my greatest discomforts. When I took a leap, I found my purpose…

Here is a great quote that I will leave you with:

“We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are.” Max DePree

Annie Mello

——————

Friday’s Workout:

3 rounds:

Jump Rope/or ball touches
Push Press
KB Rows
SDLHP
Burpees

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of “rotate”, the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *