Dear Diary

We’ve harped on how great we are, and how magical our training is. You’ve heard the science of it all. You might even be sold on this concept of functional training, and these definable, measurable results. I mean, hell, you should! It says it right there on the white board, in ink, that you are improving. You’re getting better. You’re getting fit!

How fit are you though? What is your baseline time? There are a lot of important bits of information available to you in your time with us, and I am assuming you have plenty of other things to keep track of in your hectic life than your 100m interval times.

Noteworthy coaching!

Logging your training is vital to your continued success, and your journey toward elite fitness. The nature of our training provides the numbers. It’s your job to take note!

I encourage you all to log all the cool things you do with us in a journal, notebook, or even on your computer. I have a notebook, and a Microsoft Word document that has every workout I’ve done. I have the weights I used, my score/time, and even notes about how I felt, how much sleep I got, or if anything hurt me. I now have a reference to help me scale workouts, practice better, and track my progress.

Write it down! Become a student of your fitness!

Logan Gelbrich
—————-

Thursday’s workout:

“Grandma’s Groceries”

For Time:

Run 200M
30 Mountain Climbers
30 Tire Jumps
30 KB Squat Clean Thrusters
30 Tire Jumps
30 Mountain Climbers
Run 200M
30 Mountain Climbers
30 Tire Jumps
30 KB Squat Clean Thrusters
30 Tire Jumps
30 Mtn Climbers
Run 200M

1 Comment

• fitchicla says:

I was never really good in the beginning at Journaling, I didn’t see the value and was basically to lazy to write; big mistake everyone around me was seeing there results and new exactly what milestones that had beat and had a clear direction of where they were going! Once I started journaling my workouts began to change for the better and I was able to really make a drastic positive change with my fitness.
    It is also such a great way to see your fitness journey where you started the struggles that you face and overcome and where you are now!
    I will be checking in with you to see your journaling process so 3…2….1…. WRITE!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *