Our Roots: CFLA

You know how in the media elite athletes will, seemingly without fail, thank God, their coach, their spouse, and training partners for all their success. They describe their moment in the sun, at least in part, as only made possible by their teammates or some other person of support.

They do that because it’s true. What they are saying isn’t just a cliche.

Well, since we don’t get to stand in front of many press conference reporters to do the same, we figured we still ought to thank the people that have allowed us our time in the sun.

Did you know that DEUCE got it’s start at local powerhouse affiliate, CrossFit LA?

Yup, that’s right!  After my playing career way back in 2009, I went to my college strength coach, Stephane Rochet, and told him my vision for opening a fitness school. Being from Los Angeles, I told him I was headed back to my roots and asked him who I should see. He sent me directly to Andy Petranek at CFLA. This time I shared my vision again with Andy and I begged him to let me intern at his gym to learn the ropes. Luckily, he obliged.

It was during that time that I met Danny and my beautiful girlfriend, Lindsey. Three years later DEUCE was born and we couldn’t be more grateful.

CrossFit Los Angeles is and should be a shining example of leadership and longevity in the community. As the ninth CrossFit affiliate ever, CFLA was a dream-come-true-mentor for me and I owe Andy and the rest of the team there the world. Anyone looking for fitness within ten miles of Los Angeles should, at some point, visit CFLA.

Thank you, CFLA!

Logan Gelbrich

8/8/13 WOD

Find 10 Rep Max Front Squat

Then, every 3 minutes for 15 minutes complete:
6 Rack Lunges (185/135)
60 Yard Shuttle

*Athletes receive 5 timed scores