Drink Up!

*The Route 56 Challenge: Day 19*

Thirsty? You’re performance is probably thirsty then, too. Did you know 1% dehydration can result in a decrease in performance between 10-12%? Those are big numbers for something as simple as water. Imagine being just a little thirsty and getting a 2 minutes max sit up score of 88, instead of the 100 sit ups your hydrated self could do.

Dad works hard; rests hard.

Considering that I’m drinking the finest tap water Venice, CA has to offer, I think it’s well worth it.

If you’re a Route 56 Challenger, then the magic number for you is 64oz per day. Though that’s mostly an arbitrary number that would  get folks much more hydrated than they are used to, have you ever wondered exactly how much water you need? The 8-cups-a-day rule seems a bit too cookie cutter to be accurate in my opinion. So, a 12 year old girl and an NFL lineman are both hydrated if they enjoy 8 cups of water– no way.

About a year ago I received some great hydration info from Max Wunderle, who is an outstanding endurance coach. His rule of thumb is the same rule I followed as a baseball player. It says, individuals should drink half their body weight in ounces of water per day. Keep in mind, however, that this rule doesn’t account for activity. One should drink “another 16-20 ounces per hour” of training.

For example, I weigh 216 lbs. I should take in 108 ounces of water each day. If I take class, I need to drink about 128 ounces that day.

NOTE: Those in The Route 56 Challenge will receive an official FFOTB Water Bottle at class for FREE! This will be a great tool to get your hydration point and be a reminder as you move about your day to keep your eye on the prize. All other members, friends, family, etc may purchase the bottles at class or in the Online Store

Logan Gelbrich

——————-

Thursday’s Workout:

For time:

50 Push Jerks (135/95)

**Athlete runs 200m each time the bar touches the ground

100 Squats

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

[googleapps domain=”docs” dir=”spreadsheet/embeddedform” query=”formkey=dHE1MmlZMXJ4UWdwa1pYdW00aTVOZlE6MQ” width=”760″ height=”1073″ /]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *