Skinny: The Fad

Oh, body image. When I think of this subject, the first thing that comes to mind is that image from the cartoons with the rabbit running furiously after the unreachable carrot dangling in front of him. Body image is a perspective, and it holds about as much weight as fashion does. It’s an opinion. And, it’s a fleeting one at that.

Recognize ads promising weight loss and an “ideal,” skinny frame?

What would you say if I told you that “skinny” is a fad just as much as acid wash jeans were. The feeble, thin frames that models strut on today’s runway shows are part of a made up image that will come and go just like bell bottoms did.

Don’t believe me? What if I told you there was a time that extra pounds of fat were once as fashionable as today’s skinny look? Check it out..

Follow me. Pretend for a moment you weren’t concerned with how you looked (the result), but you immersed yourself in a quality lifestyle  of quality training and nutrition (the process). With a process oriented approach, you free yourself from the imprisonment of an endless goal and you commit to things you can control, which are the details of the process. Keep in mind that this process is difficult, but it’s paved with tiny victories that are a source of happiness, confidence, and results.

Believe it or not, this process has worked well for millions of years. These ole’ boys sure as hell aren’t worried about fashion, because they are too occupied with survival. In addition, they don’t know even know what sit up is! Not too shabby right?…

It’s time to commit to the process and let go of what “should” be. It’s the best way to get results, anyway. Change your mind– Change your life.

Logan Gelbrich

——————

Wednesday’s Workout:

2 rounds:
Half Tabata Bottom-to-Bottom Squats
400m Run
-Rest 5 Minutes-

**Score total squats & 400m time

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *