The Example

I bet most of you sought after a training regime like this one, at least in part, because it provides some leadership for your fitness, or an example, if you will. If things were just peachy with your training on your own, you wouldn’t need a community like us, or you wouldn’t have made the change.

At FFOTB, the example to follow comes from the coaches, and to some extent your classmates. There is always someone you can look up to. These examples can provide context from where your at, and where you’d like to be. They also help reinforce good habits in times of weakness. We all get unmotivated, but seeing your coaches, or a choice classmate, continue to show up regardless of mood or circumstance, keeps us in line especially when it would be all too easy to cut corners or not show up.

Fit people. Beautiful people.

What if I told you that, whether you know it or not, you are an example? Would you believe me?

Everyone of the students in this community is an example to his or her respective network of family, friends, and coworkers. Unless you we raised by a pack of current Olympic hopefuls, share a work space with the San Diego Chargers, or socialize with the Miami Heat, I mean YOU!

People look up to you. People are noticing. You are creating buzz. Regardless whether you’ve lost all the weight you’ve want to, or your at your dream marathon race pace, or you can do pushups from your toes or not, you are still an example to your circle of friends and family.

Chances are there are a whole lot of folks in your life that look up to you.. Embrace it! You had the courage to take on what other wish they would. Be humble, but be proud. And, don’t be afraid to reach out to those expressing interest. Motivate them.

Assuming that all eyes are on you has it’s benefits. “Act as if,” and guess who is held to a higher level of accountability? You are! It takes commitment and effort to be a leader. And, commitment and effort yield results. Pretend you’re a leader, and I bet you’ll be surprised at what it does for your and your journey to Elite Fitness.

Logan Gelbrich

——————-

Tuesday’s Workout:

400M Run X 3 (approx 2 min rest)

Then:

3 Min Plank

3 Min Arch

2 Min Max Seated Strict Press (R)

2 Min Max Seated Strict Press (L)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *