Breath & Exposure

A Case for Calamity

It’s a little embarrassing to admit, but I was the kid who didn’t watch scary movies because I was scared… to be scared. I also rarely watched sad movies because I didn’t want to cry… well, in front of other people. When given the choice of what to watch – the preference was always comedy.

Read the Blog

Lights Out

Whether it was a teammate or a coach encouraging you to play lights out, Beyonce (or John Mayer) encouraging you to love lights out – hello, “XO” – or both, (tell me I’m not alone here…), you can imagine what it might entail for you to participate in anything with a higher, deeper level of

Read the Blog

Reflection, With a Tempo

It’s not uncommon to see tempos prescribed in our training here. Why? Short and sweet, increased time under tension is one way to get stronger. This is not to say that speed isn’t important. But within the context of intentionally driving adaptation via tempos, consider how slowing down can positively impact other parts of your

Read the Blog

Seasonal Migration… B&E Style

Birds do it. Butterflies do it. Penguins do it. And so do salmon. Seasonal migration, baby. It’s a thing. Guess what? Now that it’s summer, you’ve probably witnessed your fellow humans doing it too… right on over to DEUCE’s ice bath emporium. And let me just say this – I’m here for it! Okay okay.

Read the Blog

Shut It or Open It, All the Way

Picture this: you’re headed to work and when you go to turn on your car, it won’t start. Naturally, you panic for a minute. (Or, minutes…) Then you scramble to problem-solve how to a) get to work as soon as possible and b) communicate this incident with your employer, so hopefully you don’t get fired. As

Read the Blog