Breath & Exposure

“Don’t Be So Precious”

If you’ve been using “optimize” and “adapt” synonymously, congratulations! Today we’re gonna upgrade your lexicon. Though the difference between the two might sound like a small nuance, distinguishing one from the other isn’t as subtle as you may have been inclined to think.. Before this gets too meta, let’s reign in our attention to comparing

Read the Blog

This is a Test

The next time you feel slighted – I’ve got a simple reframe for you.. Replace “This is unfair” with “This is a test.” Much like you can leverage a running clock to incentivize increased urgency and engagement for a conditioning piece, you can also leverage a paradigm shift to explore what you can conquer, not complain about, the next

Read the Blog

Sculpting Humility: More Commitment

During my sophomore season of college soccer, I went through a period where I seriously considered transferring schools. Even though the season had started out incredible – I had scored two game-winning goals early on, and as a defender(!) – by the end of the season, we had only won five games. An obnoxious winner

Read the Blog

Joining the Short List

We know any path of resistance won’t be popular. The shocking thing, however, is that I bet regardless of how often you’ve heard maxims about our human tendency to take the path of least resistance, you’re likely underestimating exactly how much adversity deters us.  Not long ago I was speaking with a predominant recording artist

Read the Blog

Push, Pull, Pause

A few months back, someone at Coach’s Prep was asked to run with the same amount of tension in their body as they’d have if they were going for a 1RM deadlift. I’ll hold while you take a second to imagine that… Lol. While yes(!), recruiting maximal tension in the body for a max effort

Read the Blog