Self: Not for sale

Happy Monday! I’d like to share a favorite quote of mine with you all. It may seem a bit weird at first glance, but I’d encourage you to analyze it past just a quick look. Think about all the ‘outs’ we have in life, and how easy those avenues often appear when they present themselves. I think deep, deep down we all know exactly what is right…

“Ask anything of men. Ask them to achieve wealth, fame, love, brutality, murder, self-sacrifice. But don’t ask them to achieve self-respect. They will hate your soul.” -Dominique Francon

…unfortunately those things can be so difficult to honor that our minds can rationalize, explain-away, and justify anything that comes at the price of self-respect. Undermining one’s self is the easiest choice to make and, if you look around, it’s a road well traveled. Self respect, then, isn’t just valuable, it’s rare. Stand out. Make no concessions of yourself.

Jaison in the grind.

Logan Gelbrich

——————-

Monday’s Workout:

3 five minute rounds of 1 minute at each station. Rest 1 minute between rounds. Score the following for total reps:

-Med Ball Cleans
-KB Swings (44/26)
-Jumping Lunges
-Burpee To Plate
-KB SDLHP

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *