The 2011 Reebok CrossFit Games: SoCal Regional

Chances are you haven’t heard…

This weekend is the Reebok CrossFit Games: SoCal Regional. CrossFit is the modality that influences most of our training at FFOTB, and as you all know since we count things and keep score on the white board (i.e. times and/or reps) it is also the sport of fitness.

Suzy enjoying her mobility work on the Bluff.

Each year the CrossFit Games crowns the fittest man and woman on Earth. This is the only place where someone can earn such a claim and this year it is held at the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA. This weekend’s regional is the last step towards the international competition in Carson in July. Over 26, 000 athletes worldwide competed to reach this stage of the game. This weekend’s competition will feature the 60 fittest men and women, and 30 fittest teams in the region!

2011 CrossFit Games Open Workout 4

Whether you are a sports fan or not, whether you are a fan of CrossFit or not, and even if the just thought of burpees ruins your day, I guarantee that this will be a amazing experience to be apart of! The fittest men and women in the region will take on 6 workouts of a wide variety of skills—some of them you might just recognize!

I will be competing in this year’s competition, so if you would like to head down and experience something completely new it would be a great opportunity to root on Coach and to see men and women just like you, doing workouts just like you, at an intensity that will make your jaw drop!

The event starts this Friday morning and continues through Sunday at Long Beach State. Be sure to check out the event website for details!

The event is kids friendly and their will be plenty to see, eat, and experience with the games and industry vendors.

Use the comments section to discuss carpooling!

Logan Gelbrich
—————-

Thursday’s Workout:

“FFOTB Baseline”
400m Run
40 Squats
30 Sit ups
20 Push ups
10 Burpees

-Rest/Mobilize-

AMRAP 8
8 Jumping Lunges