Putting Some Humanity into Fitness

*The Route 56 Challenge: Day 33*

A huge value of Functional Fitness on the Bluffs is while it’s unbelievable challenging physically and mentally, it’s also unforgettably fun. We are loose. There’s often dancing and laughing, and I think we do a great job of not taking ourselves too seriously. I like to think we defuse a seemingly imposing thing (high intensity functional training) and make it human.

The other side of that fine line is that there isn’t anything more “serious” that your health and wellness. Changing lives is serious business. It’s emotional. And, it shouldn’t be taken lightly.

If this wasn’t fun, though, it would be tough to come back to. As you know, we are rooted in a lifestyle. We aren’t interested in the hardcore, meathead fitness that becomes but a blip on your radar screen of life. This is about changing who you are and how you live, for the better.

(SEE: idiot coaches)

As you are learning your body and your fitness level with regards to managing intensity and volume, I’d encourage you to keep awareness to your mental health as well. How’s your mood? Is this becoming a chore? Is training a mental drag?

There’s a fine line between poor commitment/mental weakness and not burning yourself out. If you hit adrenal fatigue and bottom out because this isn’t fun anymore, then chances are you’re training will go into hiatus. With that hiatus goes all of your fitness goals and momentum. It’s your job to learn yourself, and find out what you need to do to show up.

After all, if you show up we’ll change your life.

Logan Gelbrich

——————-

Thursday’s Workout:

Take 20 min. to find your 1RM Turkish Get Up

Then:

AMRAP 7
7 Tuck Jumps
7 Pushups

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

[googleapps domain=”docs” dir=”spreadsheet/embeddedform” query=”formkey=dHE1MmlZMXJ4UWdwa1pYdW00aTVOZlE6MQ” width=”760″ height=”1073″ /]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *