Logan Gelbrich

Born in Santa Monica, Logan feels right at home coaching at DEUCE Gym. With a background in collegiate (University of San Diego) and professional (San Diego Padres) baseball, Logan is used to high performance, heavy workloads, and accountability. Luckily, Logan was blessed enough to work with world renowned strength and conditioning coaches, sports psychologists, and nutritionists during his career. It’s during this time that the seeds were sown for the belief system that led him to both the CrossFit Games and Strongman Nationals. These experiences guide his coaching today. Forever a “student of the game,” Logan is always looking to strengthen and question his understanding of humans. Today his work includes his best selling book, Going Right: A Logical Justification for Pursuing Your Dreams, and diverse offerings of education in leadership and group dynamics via the 'Hold the Standard' Summit, online education, and consultancy.

Coming Out of Lockdown: One Year Later

On June 15, 2020, the lockdown was lifted and all three DEUCE locations were able to return to the gym to do what we do best. While DEUCE Backlot (West Hollywood, CA) and DEUCE Athletics (Hermosa Beach, CA) would have to return to lockdown shortly after and continue operations in local parks, one year later

Read the Blog

Is the Hold the Standard Summit for me?

While it might seem surprising, the answer is most likely, “Yes.” Since you’re reading this on a gym blog, you might assume that the Hold the Standard Summit is where gym owners and trainers go to talk about gym things.  It’s not.  The Summit is a two-day immersive course in adaptive leadership and organizational culture happening July

Read the Blog
Featured Video Play Icon

[VIDEO] Starting Your Own Subject/Object Shift

Watch the clip above to take in a concept called the Subject/ Object Shift. It’s from an interview I did with our friends at Invictus Fitness who have been leading for nearly a decade in the competition scene of CrossFit. The beauty in the message above is that we’re all subject to our reality on

Read the Blog

Imagine Losing: Would You Still Play?

While it may be an unpopular opinion, I firmly believe that having a clear picture of what failure looks like is as important as having a clear vision of what victory looks like. Hear me out.  We’ve all got a hero’s journey within us or some kind of lofty, far away goal. It’s only natural

Read the Blog

BINGE WORTHY: Hold the Standard Podcast

The topically-based audio docuseries has reached critical mass! Listeners can enjoy this short-form deep dive into meaningful topics like curiosity, commitment, and beyond with supporting interviews from the world’s best performers in dance and academia to sport and entrepreneurship. In an endless sea of podcasts, the Hold the Standard podcast stands out with a enriched,

Read the Blog