Logan Gelbrich

Born in Santa Monica, Logan feels right at home coaching at DEUCE Gym. With a background in collegiate (University of San Diego) and professional (San Diego Padres) baseball, Logan is used to high performance, heavy workloads, and accountability. Luckily, Logan was blessed enough to work with world renowned strength and conditioning coaches, sports psychologists, and nutritionists during his career. It’s during this time that the seeds were sown for the belief system that led him to both the CrossFit Games and Strongman Nationals. These experiences guide his coaching today. Forever a “student of the game,” Logan is always looking to strengthen and question his understanding of humans. Today his work includes his best selling book, Going Right: A Logical Justification for Pursuing Your Dreams, and diverse offerings of education in leadership and group dynamics via the 'Hold the Standard' Summit, online education, and consultancy.

The Baritone of Human Essences

I was on a conference call yesterday and a gentleman brought attention to the term gravitas. He didn’t cite Webster’s for a definition, but rather he described it like we do when translating a word into another language. He tried to liken it to a feeling for the sake of nuance and I loved it. 

Read the Blog

Coach’s Advice? Curate “Normal”

Welp, here it is. This is my most effective, wide-ranging, universally important bit of coaching. My simple advice is to curate what is considered “normal” in your life. When you normalize health and fitness, achieving and maintaining a remarkable level of fitness isn’t just possible, it’s a robust model that can withstand both small and

Read the Blog

Lift Run Hang Event Releases “Hang Only” Ticket

This Saturday we’re completely taking over historic Muscle Beach for a tongue-in-cheek fitness event for all-levels. With just five days before the action is set to kick off, we’re releasing “Hang Only” tickets to those that are committed to not lifting or running but want in on the social action and free beverages! It’s with

Read the Blog

The One Statement We All Need to Hear

There’s one line that neutralizes any emotional pain or dysregulation. It just so happens to be my therapist’s favorite line.  While I just started a new paragraph mostly because I needed to take a breather from the fact that I just said the previous sentence (eye roll), I meant what I said. I’ve had a

Read the Blog

Breaking the Above Parallel Argument

Let me begin by saying that the “hip crease below knee” standard that is commonly adopted when performing any squat variation is, in fact, made up. There isn’t a strength fairy that grants you legitimate strength on repetitions in which you go below parallel, but withholds her strength building magic when you don’t.  In fact,

Read the Blog