Kimmy Moss

Originally from Northern Virginia, Kimmy is a high-voltage human with a passion for optimal experience. She has a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in Communication from George Mason University, where she was a two-sport NCAA Division I athlete (soccer & track), and taught communication courses for four years. After college, Kimmy spent a decade coaching and teaching in Virginia prior to moving to California. She is an NLP Practitioner, XPT Level 3 Coach, CrossFit Level 2 Trainer, and was the 2018 Virginia State High School Coach of the Year, where she led her soccer team to a state title in her second year as head coach. Kimmy created and currently runs the Breath & Exposure program at DEUCE Gym. Committed to a lifetime of better understanding human perception, Kimmy is enthusiastic about teaching others how breath, exposure and movement can help them live healthier, more peaceful lives.

What if you’re Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?

Sharing a piece of prose today from my first book, Rhetoric in Motion, that captures an effort to not just articulate, but better understand (and even reconcile) with two different,

Read the Blog

Toggling Tension

Full-send efforts are simple and fun. (Okay, “fun” TBD, but stay with me.) Just think of a max effort sprint, shouting at the top of your lungs, or even something

Read the Blog

Who’s Your Boo (Radley)?

If you’ve ever read To Kill a Mockingbird, you’re familiar with the mysterious and often misunderstood character, Boo Radley. Long story short – even though Boo is perceived to be

Read the Blog

“Excuse me, I have work to do.”

The next time you find yourself in a rut, I got a poem for you:  “I Go Down To The Shore” By Mary Oliver I go down to the shore

Read the Blog

We’re Out to Get You

Stress makes the simplest of tasks more challenging. Take nasal breathing, for example. Not so bad when you’re sitting or lying down; increasingly more difficult when you’re running. Zoom out

Read the Blog