Professionals Are Everywhere

Growing up I was in the hospital a lot. This wasn’t because I was a sick kid but rather more of a reckless one. By the time I was 12 years old I had taken so many trips to the Emergency Room that I knew the receptionist on a first name basis. Between the broken bones and split open heads it seemed my body was more stitches than it was skin but all that time spent with doctors led me to one of my first life lessons taught to me by my dad.

“Not all doctors were ‘A’ students.”

Now my dad wasn’t hating on all the work that doctors have put in across their career to become great at what they do but he was simply highlighting the fact that some are purely better than others. And we see this across every profession whether it be trainers, coaches, artists etc. where some are just better than others. There is always a certain barrier for entry but once it is overcome, the requirement to be truly great at what you do is completely up to the individual. Some will continue to learn and grow in a pursuit to master their craft while some will coast feeling they have already “made it”.

This very idea is why something like Yelp exists. We rate our experiences with people who are professionals at what they do and undoubtedly there are always a few that rise to the top. So our job lies in our ability to be ruthlessly discerning on who we seek for help and advice in areas we ourselves know little about. Pretty easy job right? No, it’s incredibly difficult and it requires personal responsibility to question and search for those who are the best at what they do.

All of this leads me to what we do here at DEUCE Gym. Where every coach goes through a rigorous three-step program that ranges from online assignments to written and verbal tests and all the way up to practical physical assessment in a group class setting. And even once the testing is complete we are encouraged to seek out new learning opportunities both in our professional and personal lives in order to continue our evolution as coaches. The expectations are high because it is a requirement that all of our members receive the best knowledge and best coaching available to ensure a safe and transformative training experience. In short, we get better all the time and at a relentless pace.

So, in a world where it is increasingly hard to trust that you are being taken care of by someone who is constantly trying to be the best at what they do, look no further. We do not take that trust lightly and we take pride in knowing you have chosen to train with us.

Cheers to you and your discerning eye.

5/10/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

8 Seated  Single Arm Lat Pull Downs
1 50 Yard Fat Grip DB Carry

Then, complete the following for time:

50 SB Ground-to-Shoulder(150/100)
*Every :90, 4 Pull-Ups

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

10-10-10
Back Squat