Moving Beyond the Conceptual

Never before in human history have more words, thoughts, theories, and opinions been shared more often to the largest possible audiences. In fact, the name of the game these days is, in part, a game of how-big-of-an-audience-can-I-get. Years ago getting people to see, read, or listen to anything you said came with a prerequisite: providing remarkable value. Today it requires an Instagram handle.

In a world where everyone has a platform, there seems to be spiraling chatter and debate between concepts. The internet echos with chatter that sounds like, “my concept is better than that concept” and “this concept beats their concept.” It happens so much so that it seems that more and more conceptual chatter is coming with less and less action. 

It’s time to move beyond the conceptual. 

I hope I’m right when I say the pendulum has neared the end of its swing towards noise. Soon the voices that will carry weight won’t be theoretical conversationalists, but instead those who get things done effectively. If you’re just a professional advice giver with no results to show for yourself, I hope you have a day job.

4/12/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

8 Deficit Deadlift
15 DB Floor Press

Then, complete 5 rounds of the following for time:

5 Overhead Slams
20 KB Swings (AHAP)
30 Lateral Plyo Skaters
1 7th Street Corner Run
-Rest :45-

DEUCE GARAGE GPP