The Perils of the Peanut Gallery

As I write this, I’m on a flight home from Europe and I’m watching that interactive screen that shows the flight path and the geography below. Just north of us is a city highlighted on the map called Thunder Bay and the hair on my neck stood up. 

Thunder Bay is a small town with a baseball team represented in the Northwood League in which I played for the Duluth Huskies in the summer of 2007. The reason the hair on my neck stood up is because it was a city in which I was completely disgusted (and obviously affected) by some hecklers in the stands. 

The lesson here isn’t some judgment about Thunder Bay, but instead the simple fact that you cannot perform your best if someone else occupies real estate in your mind. There was a summer day where some of my attention wasn’t on my job, and it affected how well I could execute. 

No matter what kind of work you do, keep your mind on the task. External noise is only a distraction.

4/4/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Take 20:00 to find a Max Distance Kneeling Medball Chest Pass (20/10) and a Vertical Jump…

Complete 8 rounds of the following :

In :60…
Odd Rounds: Max Devil Press (40/20)
Even Rounds: Max Burpees 
-Rest :45-

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

6-6-6-6
Pause Bench Press (:02)

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

12 KB Upright Rows
12 Pike Push Ups

Then, complete 3 rounds for time: