Burger Kings in Barcelona: the Devil We Know

Want to know something scary? Amongst the hundreds of hole in the wall restaurants tucked away in the winding alleyways of Barcelona, there’s a Burger King. Terrifying, right? 

It’s not as terrifying as there is nothing to learn more here as the reason there’s a Burger King there, though. I mean, let’s be honest. Even people who eat at Burger King generally don’t think it’s remarkable food. The reason I mention it juxtaposed in a setting like Barcelona is because it also removes the argument for cost. You can eat like a king for a few Euros and the food would pass Michelin Guide-level ratings. Yet, the Whopper is also an option. 

We’re so afraid of uncertainty that we’d prefer to be certainly underwhelmed than risk not knowing how things will be.  

Read that again. The risk of walking into a new place, trying it, and being underwhelmed (even with the upside of it being great) is often too heavy to shoulder and we’ll choose the Whopper that we know will be a 4-out-of-10 experience, but we will know exactly how it will be.

As you read this with nothing at stake, I hope you can see both how illogical this is and how much it presents in human behavior. The next step? Do something about it.

3/22/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

1-1-1
Bench Press

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:

:15 Barbell Hold
20 DB Rollbacks

Then, complete 2 rounds of the following:

AMRAP 5
10 DB Push Press (50/35)
30 Lateral Plyo Boxes

-Rest 2 Min-