New Year, New You

Okay ya’ll it’s New Year’s resolution time. That time for a restart and excitement for the year to come. This tradition has become a worldwide concept that people from pretty much every culture and every background participate in. I know you’re all waiting for the “but” or for me to discredit this mindset, however, I’m not going to do that. I think anything that helps people refocus on their goals and dreams for the future is a great thing. The only problem that accompanies these New Year’s resolutions is the follow through of said goals and the execution part is what I want to chat about.

Goals are necessary and important in order to give us direction in our lives and careers. But the worst thing we can do is keep those goals up in our mind. In order to give these aspirations life and meaning we need to write them down. We need to put pen to paper and then not just close the book but rather put them somewhere you will see them every day. Make them stare you in the face and challenge you day in and day out until you cross them off the list as an accomplishment.

If this writing of goals down is new to you, no worries, let me give you a simple template. It’s easy to remember you just need to be SMART:

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Relevant
Time-based

When writing your goals down they need to be clear and specific. They need to be something that stretches you but also within your grasp. And make sure you put some healthy pressure on yourself by choosing an end date that you want to accomplish it by. Do these things and watch the world open up for you.

Time to get to work!

1/5/22 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

8 Back Squat (4,0,1,0)
14 Double Kettlebell Overhead Reverse Lunge 
10 Standing Single Leg Calf Raises (ea)

Then, complete the following for reps:

AMRAP 6
1-2-3-…– ∞
Kettlebell Swings (54/44)
Burpees