Anchors

As the years go by, it seems as though the daily tasks that need to be completed grow longer and longer.  With this growing list also comes a sense of feeling overwhelmed and sometimes like an uphill battle. Trying to create a balance between the different daily tasks from emails, texts, daily duties at the gym to daily duties at home has been a struggle to manage without feeling overwhelmed.

When I coach classes at the gym, I’ve created anchors for myself.

I did this to remind me that the only thing that mattered at the moment was coaching. One of those anchors  is my watch, and the other is having a certain set of lights on while I coach. I also use my watch to remind myself that work is done for the day and I can reset for the next day.

An anchor is a process where a specific object (in this case the watch and the lights) reminds me of focusing on the task at hand (coaching, emails etc). Anchors can also be used to remind you of a certain feeling you’d like to recall. I’ve had to create these so that I don’t get ahead of myself and I can focus on the moment at hand without other thoughts crossing my mind.

What are some adjustments you’ve had to make to your current situation? I’d love to hear them.

10/18/21 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 5 rounds for quality of: 

5 Bench Press
10 Banded Evil Wheel

Then, complete 2 drop sets of:
3 Different Weights Bench Press

Then, EMOM 15

1). 30 Double Unders
2). 8 Renegade Rows(50/35)
3). 8 Dips

DEUCE GARAGE GPP