Wear Your Backpack With 2 Straps

I was not a cool kid in middle school. I had a plastic pencil box until 7th grade, I was a little shorter and a little chubbier than all my friends, and I had these 2 baby teeth (see here now for best dental services)  in the front of my mouth that just wouldn’t fall out. People can get in touch with dentists from Marylebone Smile Clinic, if they need the best advice. So I spent years observing and finding out any way to make myself look more cool: spiking my hair with gel, wearing a white t-shirt underneath my oversized plain colored t-shirt, pretending I liked BMX, and of course one-strapping it with my backpack. The one strap backpack look was the signature of any cool guy at school and I had the technique down except there was still a problem, not a single person thought I was any cooler.

It made no sense as you can see it here, I had the look down and by all accounts the cute girl over in the corner should think I’m cool now. Right? No shot. Because what I quickly realized was that it wasn’t the one-strap backpack that made the other guys popular, it was the fact that they weren’t even thinking about how they wore their backpack. Their confidence and ability to just be themselves is what attracted people to them and made them so “cool”.

In this modern social media filled world, we tend to live our lives through little squares and news feeds.

What’s the newest look? Who is the newest star? How many followers does she have? How can I get one of the blue check things?

During a time where “Influencer” has become a job title, it is often hard to really know who you are. Even more so it is harder to be happy and confident in who you are. These are complex and complicated notions but allow me to offer some refuge in the form of simple advice. Find yourself a community of individuals who will accept you and praise you for being yourself. A community who doesn’t care how you look or what you wear or how you dance when you think no one is watching.

We like to think that DEUCE is exactly that. A place for people to show up as themselves and have that be enough. So when you come through these gates, come as you are and wear your backpack with 2-straps… 

It’s better for your back anyways.

8/17/21 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS

Complete 4 Rounds of the Following:

12 Dimmels
12 Lat Pull Down

Then, complete 4 rounds every 2:00 of the following:

1 7th Street Corner Run
30 Double Unders
Max Single Arm DB Thrusters(50/35)

DEUCE BACKLOT GPP

Complete 4 rounds of the following: