Injustice? No Problem

Let me paint a picture for you. In Major League Baseball, there’s a pinnacle accomplishment for a pitcher called throwing a ‘No Hitter.’ This, of course, is when you pitch a complete game without giving up a single hit to the opponent. It’s rare and most great pitchers will never throw one.

Considering how difficult a No Hitter is, let me tell you about something even more rare: the Perfect Game. The Perfect Game means you pitch a complete game without the opponent reaching base (including walks and errors). Throwing a Perfect Game is truly rarefied air. At the time of the video above, there had only been twenty Perfect Games thrown in more than 100 years of Major League Baseball.

The video above is Armando Galarraga being robbed of MLB’s 21st ever Perfect Game. The video will show that the runner was, in fact, out, but the call stood.

The reason I share this isn’t for any sports fandom. The most impressive thing about this event, in my opinion, wasn’t the Perfect Game effort. It was the injustice of having that history-making event taken from Galarraga and him getting back on the mound and finishing his job to secure the victory. 

If you’re in the game of life, you’ve got injustice coming your way. My question for you is can you swallow it and still finish the job?

6/3/21 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

Complete 4 rounds for quality of:

8 Chin Ups

12 Wide Grip Inverted Rows

Complete the following for time:

20 Sandbag Squats(135/100)

————

2 Rounds:

40 Air Squats 

15 Pull Ups 

—————