You Didn’t Miss the Boat

If you’ve ever felt behind – like you missed your opportunity to do something extraordinary – this one’s for you.

First of all, it’s not too late. (So keep reading, please.) Second of all, I’ve got a short story & a simple reframe to prove it.

Short story: several months ago, at the end of an ice & sauna session, I regrettably said something like, “Ya know, I think I missed the boat to grow this.” Context: I had set my sights on traveling all across the country (and world!) in 2020 to share the Breath & Exposure program. Enter a global pandemic, and, well, plans changed. Needless to say, what longtime DEUCE member & B&E 202’er, Antonia LoFaso, told me in the moment right after sparked precious new perspective that entirely revamped my outlook (and, undoubtedly, has stuck with me since): 

“Kimmy, you didn’t miss the boat. You’re on the boat. You built the boat.”

For each and every one of you reading this that has ever created something special, take another second to apply Antonia’s words to your own endeavor, and really let them sink in…

To ensure that you embrace this remarkably grounding & opportunistic perspective, a simple reframing exercise: dissociate from your thoughts. How, specifically? Repeat after me, aloud, three times in a row: “I’m having a thought that I missed my chance to __________.”   

Simply acknowledging that you are having a thought, prior to addressing what it is that you believe to be true, powerfully helps reality-check the validity of it.

Moral of the story: continue to create and check your thoughts. Most importantly, KEEP GOING.

12/22/20 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

[Meet at Anderson Park]

DEUCE BACKLOT GPP

[Meet at Pan Pacific Park]

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

2-2-2-2-2-2
Pause Back Squat 

8-8-8
Barbell Back Squat @ 75%

Then, complete 10 rounds for time of:
6 Box Jumps (30/24)