“I have to do mobility before I can lift.”

“I have to sauna before I can ice.”

“If I don’t have my post-workout shake I won’t recover as well.”

“If I don’t meditate first thing in the morning, my whole day is off.”

“If only I lived ___, it’d be different.”

“If only I quit ___, I’d be different.”

“I gotta stop beating myself up, and then I’ll be ready.”

“I gotta get my shit together, and then I’ll be able to do it.”

“Gotta,” “coulda,” “shoulda,” “already,” “have to,” “if ___ then ___,” yada yada yada… so on and so forth. Oh, vey! Are you sick yet? Are these sayings ringing any bells?

Listen, if you currently, or have ever, related to any of the statements above – as a serial should’er or limiting-belief-cause-and-effect-projecter – I got a message for you: knock it off.

While no one would blame you for trying to minimize risk and/or maximize preparation for a task, a tough love reminder that analysis can’t be substituted for action, let alone, results.

Enter the concept of performance on demand, via Brian Chontosh. It refers to the act of producing results, period.  

“Performance on Demand is less than zero percent interested in what you could have done three years ago. It is equally unimpassioned with what you might have accomplished if only, or what you could do absent any current number of oochies or owies, or even three weeks from now when you’ll have had the opportunity to focus train. Performance on Demand simply insists on what you are capable of in the moment.”

Performance on demand is interested in your capacity right now. The question is, are you?

11/4/20 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

[Meet at Anderson Park]

DEUCE BACKLOT GPP

[Meet at Pan Pacific Park]

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

3-3-3-3-3
Push Jerk
**Athlete’s perform: :20 banded Pallof iso hold between each set

Then, complete 4 rounds for quality of:
81-Arm DB Push Presses (ea)
10 DB Bent Rows