Team Energy: Priceless

Picture this: it’s the end of a long day, you just got home, and all you want to do is take a hot shower, make dinner and wind down for bed. Ah, but here’s the thing – you’ve got some mandatory chores to get done before any of that can happen.

Okay, now picture that same scenario one more time, but with your favorite song of all time playing out loud. Surely – as you can imagine – it might suddenly feel very different..

This is exactly how it feels when I do closing duties for the gym now on Thursdays, and it’s no coincidence. Coach Meredith Miller and her evening Strongman 101 crew are in the yard! And with infectious, palpable energy.

Even as someone that genuinely enjoys the “moving meditation” that closing duties provide, I can’t help but be appreciative for the profound impact that the mere presence of my friend and fellow DEUCE Garage Coach, Meredith, along with her SM101 class, offer. My perception of accessible energy increases tenfold, and after a full evening of coaching classes, I can’t understate how remarkable that feeling is for me.

I share this today to draw attention to the priceless energy provided by teams. More specifically, are you aware of it and taking advantage of it?

Of course, within our special community at DEUCE, there are no shortage of examples I could additionally provide to support the point I’m trying to make. Instead, I’d rather ask you, dear reader, to take a moment today to share some of your favorites.

Remember though, team energy is an exchange. The best team members own the responsibility to contribute.

9/22/20 WOD

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

[Meet at Anderson Park]

DEUCE BACKLOT GPP

[Meet at Pan Pacific Park]

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

3-3-3-3-3
Sumo Stance Chair Deadlift

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:
3 Max Effort Continuous Chin Up Negative
15 Dimmels Against Mini Band
20 Banded Sumo Stance Pull Throughs