Be seen, behave (and breathe) better

Without anyone watching, do you put the shopping cart away? Pick up after your dog? Discard gum in the trash, not under the table? I sure hope so.

These are instances of social dilemma – situations when personal interests are at odds with that of the collective. Moral arguments aside, the key distinction here is how it would be easier for you to behave in a particular way, but if you and other individuals also behave that way, the collective is negatively impacted. For example, if everyone left their shopping cart in the parking lot in lieu of its designated space, there’d likely be no parking spaces available.

Interestingly, it’s been scientifically shown that merely sensing someone observing you affects social behavior. (Simply Google The Hawthorne Effect, or Bateson, Robinson, and Nettles’ work on littering for more information.) As it turns out, humans have an established neural architecture for detecting facial features, including the presence of eyes, and this “gaze detection” actually involves brain areas that are not even under voluntary control. What this translates to, is that the same built-in system that served as an evolutionary tool for detecting threats, continues to serve us today as a built-in checks & balances for behavior.

I share this information to support an inherent understanding you already possess if you’re a member at DEUCE; that being seen and coached in this yard can and will afford you a power to bring out your best.

More specifically to the DEUCE Breath & Exposure program – whether you’ve experienced an ice bath or breathwork with me here already or not, you can imagine how breath and exposure at DEUCE could and might elevate your experience with these practices, if you’re open to it.

Well, B&E Office Hours are open again! And nearly every day of the week! Take a look:

Office Hours:

MON: 8:45-9:15am

TUES: 10:30-11:00am

WED: 8:45-9:15am

THURS: 10:30-11:00am

SAT: 10:30-11:00am

SUN: 11:45-12:15pm

Reach out and reserve your spot today by emailing me at kimmy@deucegym.com.

NOTES:

Daily at Home GPP Coaching Video

6/30/20 WOD

DIGITAL GPP AT HOME TRAINING

Accessory:

Complete 3 Rounds for quality:

8 Bear Sit Swimmers

10 Wide Scap Push Ups

8 Prisoner Style Tempo Air Squat 40X4

Accumulate 12 Minutes in the bottom of a Squat

Conditioning for a score:

Complete the following for time:

100 Jumping Jacks

——-

10, 9, 8.. 1

Burpees

Single Leg Squat

DEUCE ATHLETICS GPP

5-5-5-5

Push Press

Complete 4 rounds for quality of: 

10 Dbl KB RDLs

15 Supine Hamstring Curls

Then, complete 2 rounds for time of:

10 DB Plank Passes (40/25)

20 DB Shoulder Squats (total)

5 Box Jumps (24/20)

20 DB Shoulder-to-Overhead

20 Pull Ups

DEUCE BACKLOT GPP

12-12-8-8

Back Rack Lunge

Then, complete 5 rounds for time of:

75 Double Unders

20 Push Ups

10 Hang Cleans (155/105)

DEUCE GARAGE GPP

Complete the following for time:

800m Run

——

5 rounds:

8 Alt. 1-Arm DB Hang Clean & Presses (50/35)

8 Toes-to-Bar

8 Push Ups

16 Alt. Reverse Lunges

——

800m Run