Create Your Own Curriculum

The difference between “It seems to me” to “It is” is often reduced to a single trait: courage. Specifically–the courage to take action transforming information into physical form.

Look, if I had a dollar for every time someone told me “I have an idea!” I’d be a millionaire. If I had a dollar for every time I told someone else, “I have an idea!” I might even be a billionaire. (That’s right – I fight this battle daily, too.) As if the stats worth collecting were number of ideas… yeah, no. Try quality of application.

On one hand, there’s no need to engage with every thought you entertain. But on the other, there’s beautiful opportunity, ripe for engagement, between the thoughts you’d like to bring to life and thoughts you actually bring to life.  

Consider this – to penetrate life based on your own judgment, without outsourcing to the opinion/expertise of another – is often the difference between building ideas into tangible bodies of interaction, and imprisoning ideas to only exist in your mind.

Some examples to build momentum? Take out the trash. Wash your dishes. Submit your homework on time. Then… create your project and launch it. Finish reading that book. Pick up the phone and have the conversation – the one where you share the story you’ve been telling yourself about how you think the other person feels, and invite them to reality check your perception.

Though structure isn’t a prerequisite to courage, it can help. A good way to get the ball rolling? Maximize executive functioning by creating your own curriculum. Chunk off assignments, utilize incentive to hold yourself accountable, and proceed down the checklist. Momentum is infectious… enjoy.

Kimmy Moss

@kimmy.moss

NOTES:

Daily Coaching Video

Submit Your Score to the Digital Whiteboard

4/13/20 WOD

Dynamic Progression:

Complete 3 rounds for quality of:

2 Broad Jumps

6 Plyo Push Ups

12 Jump Squats

Capacity: