A 200 Year Plan

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to travel to the Bay Area to speak to a room full of people about my book, Going Right: A Logical Justification for Pursuing Your Dreams. Naturally, I stopped by Napa to see what the fuss was about in the infamous wine region. 

I was specifically curious about a friend of mine whose family is a dominant presence in the region. Her father’s foresight, resourcefulness, commitment to excellence, and willingness to collaborate has largely influenced the valley in becoming the mecca to more than 500 wineries that it is today in a short amount of time. 

I was able to tour part of the nearly untouchable family estate alone Saturday morning and I dove into my curiosities about the mysteries and exclusivities of the family business. In doing so, I learned the founder set forth on a two hundred year plan (no typo) to build the family business. 

As you experience the grounds and ultimately their rare, valuable wines, you can feel the richness in both vision and execution. These people aren’t playing small and the impact, even in its infancy, is undisputed. 

It’s hard to not let the idea of mapping out a two hundred year vision shake your perspective. It shook mine. Maybe this short read doesn’t inspire you to pen a two hundred year business plan, but it ought to question the scope of your sights. It’s easy to get stuck simply surviving the week, especially in this town. 

Can you think bigger? Plan longer? Grow roots with more depth?

Logan Gelbrich 

@functionalcoach

8/12/19 WOD

Complete the following for quality:

20 Muscle Ups Transitions

40 Deck Squats

60 Hollow Rocks

EMOM 16

Minute 1: 25 Air Squats

Minute 2: 20 Push Ups

Minute 3: 20 Lunges

Minute 4: 20 Pull Ups / Ring Rows