Pushing Carts

My first job that when I was sixteen was pushing carts at Sam’s Club in Overland Park, KS. We used to tie twenty carts up and spin them in the lot at night. We had a rope with a hook on the end. If you hooked it on one end and cinched it up, and tied it on the other end, it made a long line of carts look just like a shopping cart steel banana on wheels. We would laugh as we spun these around in the lot at 11PM on a Tuesday.

Oh, the days!

Till this day I am still the guy that will push his cart across the whole lot looking for a cart corral. Little did I know back then, that I was working for one of the biggest corporations around. Sam Walton, founder of Walmart, was a pretty smart man. I read a quote from him and it really stuck with me. “Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish.”

What a statement! This makes so much sense. Even if you take away the leader part. Think about someone that makes you feel important. How do you view that person? Think about the person that made you think you can do it. How do you feel about them?

I think we doubt ourselves sometimes. I think we doubt what a little bit of support from ourselves can do for someone. The world is yours if you believe in yourself. Make people think they can do it, and watch what they do.

Regardless of whether you are in a position of leadership or not. You are a leader in your own right. Make people feel important, and you will make people successful. We all have it in us, just sometimes it gets a little lost. With a little bit of support, we all become our best.

Danny Lesslie

@dannylesslie

7/7/15 WOD

3-3-3-3-3
Bench Press

—-
Complete 3 rounds for quality of:
8 DB Roll Back Presses

—-
AMRAP 6
Run 600m
Max Hang Snatches (155/105)