Teams Build Dependance; Win

I’ve paid attention to teams my whole life. I’ve been on them from the most elementary levels to the highest performing levels. I’ve even studied them in leadership school. What’s fascinating, in part, about teams in my opinion is that they have a compounding effect on performance. It’s the good old fashioned the-whole-is-greater-than-the-sum-of-it’s-parts situation.

Part of this magical added value I’ve observed is a certain level of dependance amongst high performing groups and teams. People depend on each other. They demand that they do their best, that they show up, that they achieve, and so on.

Writing this, for example, was one of those instances where “I’ve written everything” and “there’s nothing to write about.” Naturally, I waited it out like many other blog writing nights and that’s when it struck me. These things happen because people depend on this thing! If this was a task that others in my group didn’t depend on, maybe a blog happens and maybe it doesn’t. Given the adversity of writer’s block, this probably wouldn’t happen this time. Not without the group.

This is exactly why homework doesn’t get done. It’s the reason why those last ten pounds don’t get lost. And, it’s the reason why the single most important things to you (and no one else) don’t happen either.

It sounds like you need a team; a DEUCE dream team.

Logan Gelbrich

@functionalcoach

12/19/14 WOD

5-5-5-5-5

Floor Press

5-5-5-5-5
Bent Over Row

Complete 3 rounds for time of:
11 Burpees
200m Run
-Rest 1 min-