Decision Made

When is the last time you just decided to do something? I don’t mean a wishy washy, “Yeah, I will get it done, despite it being the last thing on my list.” I am talking about the type of decision, where all else takes a backseat to this decision. The defining ones. The ones that rewrite your script.

I figure we are all going to spend this time we have here doing something. Amongst all the arguments for doing what you love, and career and family, and our busy lives. There is one key thread that if you can nail every time, you can’t miss, a fulfilling experience, and therefore a fulfilling existence.

Its all about the effort. Giving the proverbial 110%, leaving it all on the field, leaving no stone unturned, squeezing it till the last drop, and many other metaphors for putting it all out there. Think about the last time you did this. How did it turn out? How did you feel about yourself after?

This is not for the faint of heart, there are more than enough excuses on why not to give all the effort. But all of them are weak and feel transparent when you say them. Bearing down and owning your choices definitely builds character and makes us better.

Gandhi said it well, “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory.”

This goes back to doing everything you can with everything you have. Gotta start somewhere, and right here is a great place. If you put all of you into it, you can’t lose.

If this whole full effort all the time thing seems scary. Try one thing a day. CRUSH that one thing every day. After awhile this CRUSH list can become longer, and then its your whole day. If we all had a bit more intention in the things we did each day, I believe our lives would be much more fulfilling.

Danny Lesslie

@dannylesslie

12/16/14 WOD

“Baseline”

Complete the following for time:
400m Run
40 Squats
30 Situps
20 Pushups
10 Pullups

-Rest 5 min-

“Baseline”